Marketing Consultant, Graphic Design, Web Design, SEO
I provide services to small and medium-sized businesses in the disciplines of graphic design, web design, web UI development, search engine optimization, social media marketing, and consulting on marketing & sales strategies. I am also currently working with Independent Bank Developers as a consultant on the formation of new local community banks.
- Marketing Strategy Development & Consulting
- Sales Strategy & Channel Development Consulting
- Web Design & UI Development
- Graphic Design (Corporate Identity, Collateral, Large Format, Apparel, Advertising)
- Search Engine Optimization (Consulting, Local, National, Execution)
- Social Media Marketing (Consulting, Strategy, Execution)
- Traditional & Digital Media Advertising
As Marketing Director for ThrottleUp, a digital advertising start-up, I was responsible for every aspect of marketing and sales from strategy, branding, design, development, lead generation, sales training and more. The organization no marketing leadership prior to my arrival; thus, I faced creating the brands, corporate identity designs, websites, collateral, and sales materials in record time.
Some of the marketing projects and responsibilities with ThrottleUp included...
- Developed a marketing message and strategy for corporate and products
- Corporate logo redesign
- 8 product logo designs
- Corporate brochure
- Designed product flyers and data sheets for all products
- Developed sales materials and training process
- Evaluated existing product websites and analytics, and then presented new strategy
- Designed and developed 3 new websites
- Redesigned and developed 2 existing websites
- Managed off-shore freelancers and limited local resources to maximize productivity and time.
- Developed an affiliate marketing program for websites and designed user experience, banner advertising, and collateral
- Developed 'how-to' and product videos for web and sales
- Created a philanthropic program for primary product that supported 'buy local' and continued education for Arizona students
- Developed a product presentation for both Caterpillar and Barrett-Jackson that were about to close prior to my departure
Dual Center General Manager / Area Sales Manager
General Manager (November 2012 - May 2014) - My role was to open new Regus locations or turn around existing troubled centers. Success was measured on meeting or exceeding 15% EBIT, occupancy, customer service scores, retention, renewal increases, and expansions. My first new center opening was the second most successful in Regus North America history. Through aggressive lead generation, proactive marketing methods, and outstanding customer engagement I was able to leas 72 office suites, at higher than market average rates, in just 108 days.
Area Sales Manager (March 2010 - November 2012) - My role as an Area Sales Manager was to lease office space for multiple local centers, as well as, markets out-of-state and overseas. I developed relationships with commercial brokers in my markets, did extensive networking, cold calling and utilized digital marketing strategies for quality lead generation. I was measured on closing ratios, revenue, workstation sales and signed deals per month.
My responsibilities as General Manager and Area Sales Manager included...
- Proactive lead generation and cold calls
- Establish productive relationships with commercial real estate brokerages
- Commercial office space sales and renewals
- Virtual office and business center membership sales
- Staging of available office space to maximize closing ratios
- Center operations management that included customer relations management, budgets, P&L, procurement, invoicing, collections, and optimizing center efficiency
- Directly manage up to 7 employees as General Manager
- Designed available office space leasing flyers for entire market
- Upon great success with my Craigslist marketing strategy, I was asked to create a program that could be implemented nationwide, along with necessary training materials and support
- As the Training General Manager for the market, I managed the training program and schedule for all new hire General Managers
Sole Proprietor / Consulting / Design / Development
Preferred Marketing Strategies
As a sole proprietor, I was responsible for generating new clients, project execution, and retention. I consulted businesses on marketing plans, search engine marketing, trade shows and guerrilla marketing. Designed and developed client web sites. Created corporate identities, collateral, flyers, brochures, print advertising, digital advertising, product packaging, and billboards.
- Search marketing consultant of social online projects for Sony Pictures in 2007 and 2008
- Served on the board for Sequoia Riverlands Trust
- Served on the board for the Tanager Foundation
NOVEMBER 2006 - MARCH 2010
As Marketing Director, I managed all aspects of company marketing, sales strategy, and development. I created all graphic designs for print advertising, product catalogs, brochures and new product packaging. Within a few months as Marketing Director, I was also tasked with managing the operations of the assembly and shipping departments, which included improving operational & shipping efficiencies, employee hiring and development, and inventory control.
- Hired, trained, and managed over 50 assembly employees
- Decreased cost of manufacturing per part by 11% through streamlining processes and inventory control
MARCH 2005 - NOVEMBER 2006
Hobrecht Lighting, Inc.
I directed all marketing strategies, including the graphic design for all print collateral and advertising. I was also in charge of product placement and store merchandising.
- Authored 6 articles featured in home improvement publications
- Provided sales teams training on products and strategies to maximize revenue
- As Marketing Director, the store's average monthly revenue increased by more than $210,000 - a 51% increase in two years
- Recognizing additional revenue opportunities, I led the development of a new sales division for the home builders market, and established an installation department
DECEMBER 2002 - MARCH 2005